Become a Volunteer
Volunteers are vital to the running of Supported Activities Programme. In 2016/17 we ran a total of 146 activities taking 517 hours and 4 minutes. 1,333 volunteers gave a total of 3,390 hours and 27 minutes to make those activities happen for 3,820 members.
(All figures are yearly totals). Our membership for that year was 33 volunteers and 152 members.
Help to change lives, encourage members to try new things, learn new skills and build social networks. Pick activities to work around your other commitments.
In return, we offer the chance for you to make new friends, meet new people, take part in training courses to develop new skills, have new experiences and to feel valued and appreciated. If you would like to become a Volunteer, then please complete our Volunteer Application Form.
There are a range of roles available for volunteer help. For help with activities, the volunteer selects the activities they would like to attend. The beauty of this, is it fits in with other commitments and the volunteer is able to offer as much or as little help as they can manage.
Within activity support a volunteer may:
- Support the members to get the most from their activity.
- Lead an activity.
- Offer a specialist activity – eg a music teacher could tutor a music session.
- Take responsibility for a small group of members on an outing such as a theatre or day trip.
All volunteers work as part of a team and will only be asked to help within their own ability;
- Fundraising – Assisting the Fundraising Team with their events.
- Grant Finding – Assisting the Grant Finding Team in searching and applying for grants for core funding as well as specific projects.
- Trustees – The AGM sees half the Committee stand down (6 positions). Trustees are nominated/voted for by the existing volunteers and Supported Activities Programme members.
- Social Secretary – Currently two volunteers organise social events for the volunteer and staff team.
- Admin Support – Occasional help is required in the office.
Volunteer Booking Forms
Why not contact us today?
For more information on the above and if you live in the Stevenage or North Hertfordshire area, please Contact Us or telephone using 01462 485534 and we will be glad to answer all of your questions. Alternatively, for more information on becoming a member of Supported Activities Programmme, please visit our Members section, or visit our Volunteers section if you would like to become a volunteer. We could not run without volunteers and there are various roles available.